- What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files consisting of letters and numbers, which will be stored on a user’s device (computer, mobile terminal or other devices) when accessing the Internet. Cookies are installed through a request sent by a web server to a browser and are completely passive, in the way that they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and cannot access the information on the user’s hard drive. Cookies may be recognized by the website that downloaded them or by any other website that uses the same cookies. This way websites can find out if a device has visited them before.
Cookies provide the user a pleasant experience when accessing and browsing a website by offering functionalities, such as language options, saving registration data, relevant advertising, shopping cart, etc.
- How long will cookies stay on my device?
The lifetime of a cookie can vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it was placed. Some cookies are used exclusively for a single session (session cookies) and will be deleted from your hard drive immediately after your browsing session ends. These are temporarily stored in the cookie folder of the web browser until the user leaves the website or closes the browser window (for example when logging in / logging out of a webmail account or on social networks).
Other cookies remain stored on your device’s hard drive (persistent cookies) and allow us to recognize your device in the event of a subsequent visit to the Website. These are the cookies that allow us to make our Website more friendly, efficient and secure. Persistent cookies also include those placed by a website other than the one the user is currently visiting (third-party cookies) and can be used anonymously to store user’s interests, so they may deliver advertising relevant to users.
Persistent cookies used by us will expire within 30 minutes to one year from the date they were downloaded to your device.
You may choose to delete a cookie at any time by adapting your web browser settings, more details being provided below in the dedicated section of this policy.
- What are first and third-party cookies?
- First-party cookies – we use these cookies to estimate the number of unique visitors, to improve our Website and to detect the most searched for words in search engines that lead to a webpage. These cookies are not used to target you with online marketing. We use these cookies to learn how our Website is performing and to make relevant improvements to improve your browsing experience.
- Third-party cookies – we also use Google Analytics and other third-party analytics providers to help measure how users interact with our Website content. These cookies “remember” what our users have done on previous pages and how they’ve interacted with the Website. For more information on Google Analytics, visit Google’s information page. For instructions on how opt out of Google Analytics, see dedicated section below.
- What cookies do we use and why?
Some cookies are necessary to allow you to browse our websiteSite, use its features, and access secure areas. The use of these cookies is essential for the Website to work. The cookies commonly used on most websites are classified as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to move around the website and use its features, such as page navigation and accessing secure areas. The website cannot work properly without these cookies.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how a user is using a website – for example, the visited pages and the displayed errors. These cookies do not gather information that identifies a user. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how the website works.
- Preference cookies: These cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like user’s username, preferred language or the region that he/she is in. These cookies can also be used to remember changes a user made to text size, font and other parts of pages that they can customize. They may also be used to provide services such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous and they cannot track user’s browsing activity on other websites.
- Tailored content cookies: These cookies help a website provide enhanced features and display content in a way that is relevant to a user. These cookies help a website determine what information to show a user based on how he/she has used the website previously. These cookies do not track user’s browsing activity on other websites.
- Analysis or statistics cookies: These cookies are used to collect and report aggregate anonymous information about the number of visitors and how they use the website. These cookies only gather information for statistical purposes and only use pseudonymous cookie identifiers that do not directly identify you.
- Targeting or marketing cookies: These cookies are used to track visitors across websites to deliver adds that are more relevant and engaging to the user. They are also used to limit the number of times a user sees an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. These cookies remember that a user has visited a website and this information may be shared with other organizations such as publishers and third-party advertisers. This means that after a user has been to the Website, they may see some advertisements about our Website elsewhere on the Internet. Although these cookies can track your device’s visits to our Website and other websites, they typically cannot personally identify you.
- Social and Content cookies: These cookies are placed by many social media plugins (for example the Facebook ’like’ button), and other tools meant to provide or improve the content on a website (for example services that allow the playing of video files, or that create comments sections). These cookies are integrated to improve the experience of browsing and interacting with websites. Please note that some of these third-party services place cookies that are also used for things like behavioural advertising, analytics, and/or market research.
World Comm uses only strictly necessary cookies on the Website.
- How to control cookies?
If you wish, you may restrict or delete cookies using your browser settings. However, we remind you that if the cookie settings are restricted on your device, you will no longer be able to use all the functionalities of our Webite. For example, disabling certain cookies would no longer allow us to display certain types of content.
To change your browser settings, access the “Help” section of your browser or directly the following links:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/
For more information on how to modify your browser settings check http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this CookiesPolicy or how it applies, you can contact the data protection officer within World Comm at email@example.com or by mail or courier at: 060044 Bucharest, 319 Splaiul Independenței Street, OB 209, ground floor, stating “in the attention of the World Comm Data Protection Officer”. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but not later than 30 days.
Last update: 23.12.2020